- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Add pistachios; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon jam.
- Bake until bottoms are light brown, 13-16 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forRaspberry Pistachio Thumbprints
"These are very good! I made no modifications other than omitting the salt."
"these cookies look so delicious I must try them for the holidays"