Raspberry Pecan Squares
The combination of the shortbread and raspberry is one of my favorites. And, this pair is topped with a pecan pie-like filling. Yum!—Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with jam.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, salt and baking soda; stir in pecans. Pour over jam. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.