Raspberry-Pecan Mini Loaves
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makes6 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, orange juice, applesauce, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and raspberries.
- Transfer to six greased 4-1/2x2-1/2x1-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm loaves.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Jan 3, 2013
I made this as a large single loaf and baked it about 10-15 minutes longer. Just wonderful, especially with a little sugar free blackberry jam on it!
Dec 21, 2012
I think cranberries would be great! Give it a try and let us know. Cranberries and pecans... Invite me over!!!
Dec 20, 2012
I didn't make this recipe yet but have a question. How do you think cranberries would be instead of raspberries? Have to use them up.
Dec 20, 2012
Scrumptious! I just baked a batch and tried some--REALLY delicious. I subbed whole wheat for 1/2 the flour and used brown sugar Splenda blend in place of the sugar. I think I also used a little more than 1 cup each of the pecans and raspberries (I used fresh). The miniloaf pans I used were 3 x 5, and the recipe made 5 loaves, and next time I'd probably just make 4 so they're each a bit bigger.