Raspberry Pear Shortcake
This dessert is a nice change of pace from traditional strawberry shortcake. Because the recipe calls for canned pears and either fresh or frozen raspberries, you can make it year-round.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 4 individual round sponge cakes
- Whipped topping
- Place the raspberries in a large bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over raspberries and mash lightly. Let stand for 10 minutes. Place a pear half on each sponge cake. Top with the raspberries and whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Pear Shortcake in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar