"If you want a change of pace from the usual pie or cake, give this honey of a desert a try," suggests field editor Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "This dessert is tart, crispy and just plain good."
Recommended: Grandma's Best Baking Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place pears in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with raspberries and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, honey, margarine, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over raspberries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pears are tender and mixture is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Pear Crisp in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p22