There’s no shortage of fresh peaches and raspberries where I live. I use the fruit I grow to bake up this sweet and special fruit tart.— Mary Ann Rempel, Southold, New York
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-2/3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine peaches, raspberries and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca and cinnamon. Gently stir into fruit mixture; let stand 15 minutes.
- Unroll pastry sheet onto a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon filling over pastry to within 2 in. of edge; dot with butter. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving a 6-in. opening in the center. Brush folded pastry with egg white; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes on a lower oven rack or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Transfer tart to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Peach Tart in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p221