- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Roll out pastry to fit in a 9-in. pie plate.
- Transfer to pie plate; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, sugar and juice. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into peach mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Fold in raspberries. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Peach Pie
"I made this pie with my 12 year old nephew, per his request. As his church was having a pie baking competition for his "harvest party". We didn't have great success with the crust and I'm not sure why, basically had to piece it together in the pie plate. And the pie itself was VERY sweet.If I were to try to make this again, I would cut out the last 1/3 of a cup of sugar. And I'd make my pie crust I normally make for my apple pies and scratch this recipe altogether."
"My grandma made this recipe for years -- only difference was only one cup of sugar plus 3 Tablespoons of dry peach jello. Yummy!"
"I made this pie last summer and I wish I would have made several more! It was easy to put together and was just the right combination of sweet and tart. I can't wait until peaches come into season this year so I can make it again. I haven't tried using frozen peaches but I really don't think it would come out as good. It is definitely a keeper in my family."