Raspberry Peach Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped
- LEMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries and peach pieces, optional
- In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted chips; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in raspberries and peaches.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Top with fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 267 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 1, 2012
i wasnt fond of icing but other wise cupcake was very light and tasted good
Jun 17, 2011
I come back to this recipe time and again when I need a special dessert that travels well (keep cold!) Lasts many days when kept refrigerated. I have used well-drained frozen raspberries and reduced the milk to 3/4 c. successfully.
Mar 15, 2011
Everytime I make these cup cakes, I am asked for the recipe and the next time I'm going to make them!
Aug 9, 2010
first frosting no good too sweet not good. cupcake does get sticky, its alright on taste recipe just needs work got good parts to it just not right yet. not long self life too
Jul 13, 2010
Always receive many compliment on these cupcakes. When I make cupscakes for grandkids, I make this recipe for the adults! Only problem, fruit sinks to bottom of cup, but wonderful flavor.
Feb 5, 2010
Although the flavor of these was very good and everyone at my work liked them, I found them to be quite sticky when I brought them in. I cooked them the night before and they were not sticky when I took them out of the oven. This is definitely a serve-right-away cupcake.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.