Raspberry Orange Soup
If you're looking for a new and interesting recipe to offer company, you'll love this one. Not only is this soup delicious and easy, it's also impressive to serve.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup grape juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen raspberries in syrup
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving syrup; set oranges aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine syrup, juices and tapioca; let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in raspberries until thawed. Add oranges. Chill for at least 8 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 136 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Orange Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook