If you're looking for a new and interesting recipe to offer company, you'll love this one. Not only is this soup delicious and easy, it's also impressive to serve.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup grape juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen raspberries in syrup
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving syrup; set oranges aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine syrup, juices and tapioca; let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in raspberries until thawed. Add oranges. Chill for at least 8 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Raspberry Orange Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p40