VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 cups raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- White chocolate curls, optional
- Prepare batter for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches; stir in orange zest. Bake and cool according to recipe directions. Cut brownie in half widthwise. In a bowl, stir sorbet and raspberries together. Spread sorbet mixture over one brownie half. Turn over remaining brownie half; place over sorbet. Cover and freeze on a baking sheet 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars, squares or desired shapes. Dip sides of ice cream sandwiches in chocolate curls if desired. Wrap in plastic; freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Orange Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p60