Raspberry Nut Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup stick margarine
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spread half of the dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine jam and lemon juice; spread over dough. Dollop remaining dough over top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 107 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
May 31, 2015
We like this yummy dessert, everyone gave it a thumbs up. When I saw how much lemon juice was in the recipe I thought it might be too much for my liking. I will leave it out next time I make these bars. They turned out moist and soft. Tip - It seems like there is not enough batter when you divide it in half and spread it on the bottom of the baking dish but there really is enough.
Jan 27, 2012
I also used butter instead and increased the jam to about 1 cup. Pan was gone in no time, will be making again
Aug 4, 2009
These are tasty! I used butter i/o margarine, and increased the amt of jam to 1 cup. I also tried them with apricot jam and wanuts. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.