Raspberry Mousse Brownies
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine sugar and flour; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spread into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate mixture. Mash 1/2 cup raspberries; fold into mousse. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 315 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2012
Brought this to a dinner with some friends....they loved it!!! I doubled the recipe (except I just kept the 1/2 cup sugar), and baked the brownies for 13 minutes in a 8 by 11 baking dish. Also, I used partially defrosted raspberries. Turned out great!!! Mine looked exactly like the picture.
Dec 3, 2011
Raspberries + chocolate = Awesome! The 3 step recipe was not as much trouble as I thought it would be and more than worth the effort. Full-flavored chocolate brownie topped with smooth chocolate mousse with crushed raspberries, not too sweet. Great for special occasions and definitely a keeper.