Raspberry Mint Shakes
This is the perfect way to cool down and relax at outdoor gatherings, writes Tiffanie Wright, Kempner, Texas. It's a healthy option for dessert and also a great-tasting breakfast on-the-go.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 488 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 9g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Refreshing Raspberry Mint Smoothie in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009