Raspberry Meringue Pie
We have raspberry bushes, so I'm always looking for recipes using this delicious fruit. This is one of our favorites.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture (dough will be sticky). Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 192 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Meringue Pie in Country Extra November 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.