VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture (dough will be sticky). Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Meringue Pie in Country Extra November 2000, p51
Reviews forRaspberry Meringue Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review