Raspberry Luscious Gelatin Salad
For a delicious refreshing summer salad, try this recipe. The sweetness of the pineapple and raspberry are perfect together.—Bonnie Barclay, Custer, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 pint fresh or frozen whole unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- In large bowl, combine raspberry gelatin, unflavored gelatin and boiling water; stir until dissolved. Stir in the cold water, then pineapple, bananas and raspberries.
- Pour half of gelatin mixture into glass serving bowl or 13x9-in. dish; chill until firm. (Let remaining half stand at room temperature.)
- When gelatin is firm, spread sour cream evenly over top, then carefully spoon reserved mixture over the sour cream. Chill until firm.