Raspberry Lime Slush
For a cool ending to a meal, our Test Kitchen scoops this bright pink slush into stemmed glasses, then drizzles it with ginger ale. The lime adds a little zing for a sweet-tart taste that’s especially refreshing.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1/2 cup water. Cook and stir over high heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat. Press raspberries through a sieve; discard seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine the raspberry puree, sugar syrup, lime juice and remaining water. Transfer to a 1-qt. freezer container. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring occasionally. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen raspberry mixture: Combine the raspberry mixture and ginger ale in a 2-qt. pitcher. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup raspberry mixture and 1/2 cup ginger ale in a glass.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 112 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Lemon Slush in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.