- 1/3 cup sweetened raspberry lemonade drink mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine drink mix and water. Add ice cream; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Serve with chocolate syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Lemonade Pie
"Made this for the first time today . . . just delicious!! I did make changes though: I was unable to find any raspberry-lemonade drink mix, so I purchased Crystal Light (some raspberry ice and some pink lemonade to mix) and started out making it with that - until I saw how much aspartame was in that much mix. I then threw that away and came up with a new idea. I ended up using 1/3 cup of Raspberry "Tang" and then substituted the water with 1/2 cup of "Simply Raspberry Lemonade". In place of chocolate syrup, I just warmed up a bit of "Nutella" and drizzled it over the pie prior to freezing. It worked out perfectly - a lovely sweet (but not too sweet) dessert - very refreshing."
"DO NOT use the 1/3 cup of the raspberry lemonade mix. I don't what kind of mix that is, but in all the stores that I frequent, the only such flavored mix is Crystal Light. Putting the requisite amount into the recipe makes it sour. Also the photo accompanying the recipe is deceiving. If you use raspberry mix, the color is pink, not yellow. After two tries after which I discarded the mixture, I opted for fresh raspberries (unsweetened) and 1 tsp of lemon juice. It was much better and also exhibited the pink color. Skip the lemonade drink mix."
"I followed directions exactly, however it turned out very sour. Tossed the entire pie."
"This is super good and light tasting. I use one packet of Crystal Light raspberry lemonade (approx. 1/2 oz ) instead of the sweetened lemonade mix. I happened to look at these reviews again after 3 years. All I can say is that I have probably made this at least 15-20 times since then and everyone loves it. Many requests were made for the recipe. Be sure to put a few raspberries on the top for a festive look. Just an update."