Cooking is my best and biggest hobby – trying recipes with different flavor combinations like pound cake with lemon curd and raspberries. — Janice Baker, London, Kentucky
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Raspberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and orange juice; beat until stiff peaks form. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into three layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup lemon curd. Top with 1 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup cream mixture; repeat layers. Replace cake top; spread with remaining lemon curd.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Top with remaining raspberries; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Reviews forRaspberry Lemon Layer Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2013
"My husband especially liked this."