- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- For lemon curd, in a heavy saucepan, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cool for 10 minutes. Cover and chill for 1-1/2 hours or until thickened.
- For cake, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water until gelatin is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the gelatin mixture, lemon juice, lemon peel and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine lemonade concentrate and remaining sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Poke holes in warm cakes with a fork; pour lemonade mixture over cakes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla; beat until blended.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 6 tablespoons raspberry jam. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread 1 cup frosting over sides of cake. Using a shell pastry tip and remaining frosting, pipe a shell border along top and bottom edges. Fill center with 1/2 cup lemon curd (save remaining curd for another use). Garnish with raspberries if desired. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Lemon Cake
"Delish.......Made this 2 times, I agree with some, the cake is a little flat, would have liked the layers to rise more when cooking, but this is a great tasting cake. I omitted the Lemonade both times that I made it, thinking it would make it too sweet. I have gotten rave reviews on this cake both times that I made it. Will definitely make again...........If you are going to make it, it's best to prepare the curd several hours prior to frosting the cake, as it needs to cool. It's not a bad idea to make the curd the night before and put it in the fridge, one less step to do the next day........I think this is definitely going to be one of our favorites for Easter every year now."
"I love lemon cake and this is one of the best recipes I have ever tired. Will make it again."
"Woderful, refreshing cake!!!"
"This cake sound yummy !!!!IT looks like a lot of work ,too.I would make it just for the taste of it for me and my wife!!!"
"So this cake tasted absolutely delicious, but the layers were about as tall as a large pancake. very disappointed with that?.loved the recipe but needs to either be put in two pans or more batter made."
"My cake was not very tall, but packed with lemon deliciousness! It didn't look as beautiful as the picture, but everyone loved the taste. My only problem was the frosting. Had to add more confectionary sugar to make it easier to spread. Topped it with fresh raspberries. Delicious!!"
"Haven't tried this yet, just found tis recipe. BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS!!! Looks and sounds delicious ?I absolutely LOVE Lemon and Raspberry together, perfect couple! OH AND CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ON TOP OF IT ALL? OMG! THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING! CAN'T WAIT! ?"
"This is actually a recipe I created. Use whatever filling flavor you like (raspberry just happens to be my favorite). Enjoy!"