Raspberry Key Lime Crepes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu, crumbled
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 6 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, tofu and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Set aside 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar. Add the lime zest, salt, nutmeg and remaining confectioners’ sugar to tofu mixture; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crepes. Sprinkle with raspberries; roll up. Dust with reserved confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
May 1, 2011
I love this recipe but am not a big fan of tofu. I substitute lowfat ricotta cheese in equal amounts. It is so good. I plan to make them for a Mother's day brunch
Apr 24, 2011
I agreed with all of the other reviews and did not want to use tofu, so I substituted one container of Marscapone cheese and they turned out delicious, I also made a raspberry sauce to pour on top which was very good.
Jan 10, 2011
simply leave the Tofu out. i make them all the time with different fruits and fillings and they turn out great. Also go on-line to recipes and get one for crepes, they are easy and simple and experiment with the fillings to whatever you like and tastes good to you.
May 4, 2010
I agree, would try if there's a sub for tofu. Anyone have an alternative??
Apr 27, 2010
I would like to know too about something different than tofu.
Apr 27, 2010
I might make it if you can suggest a substitute for tofu.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.