Raspberry Ice Cream Delight Recipe
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; set aside 1/4 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze 15 minutes.
- 2. Place hot fudge topping in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds. Spread over crust.
- 3. Spoon ice cream over fudge layer. Place spoonfuls of sherbet over ice cream; cut through sherbet with a knife to swirl. Top with raspberries. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 342 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Ice Cream Delight
"Great recipe but for a 13x9 pan I used a half gallon ice cream, a 10 ounce container of hot fudge, and 3/4 cup of wafers."
"This was great. Made a few changes. Used crushed, cream-filled chocolate Oreos, and doubled the recipe for a 9x13, but only used 1 container of raspberry sherbet. Also topped it with real whipping cream."
"I made it during the Christmas Holidays and I'm making it for the ladies cook out in a couple of weeks. It's a big hit with everyone !!"