My favorite appetizer is a raspberry-glazed cheese ball, so I used similar ingredients to dress up a plain grilled cheese sandwich. The quick combination was unique but delicious, and it became a popular request in my house.
Recommended: 5-Star Grilling Recipes You've Gotta Try
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 4 slices Muenster or baby Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread preserves over bread slices; top with the pecans, onion and cheese. Top with remaining bread; butter outsides of bread. Toast on a hot griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Grilled Cheese in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p30
Reviews forRaspberry Grilled Cheese
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2011
"good idea - jam in a grilled cheese. never tried that before. liked the pecans in it as well."