Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 3-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Whipped topping, optional
- Place baking mix in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Place raspberries in pie crust; pour gelatin mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 291 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 30, 2015
Jul 24, 2015
Looked forword to this raspberry pie. It was easy to make, but was disappointed that is was too tart. We grow raspberries and next year if I make this again I am thinking of doubling the sugar. That first taste didn't seem to want to go away.
Aug 4, 2013
This was an excellent recipe! Fast, easy and delicious. I will make this one over and over again. I can't wait to try it again with strawberries. Thank You!
Dec 11, 2010
This pie is Yum-o! I've make it about 6 times as it now is a special request for all kinds of get togethers! My husband, who loves cakes, will pass that up for his birthday treat in favor of this pie!
Jul 1, 2009
I had given up on fresh strawberry pie recipes until I came across the recipe for raspberry-glazed pie in the july.aug.2009 issue. I substituted fresh strawberries for the raspberries. To my satisfaction, it turned out perfectly! I made 2 pies and shared one with my neighbor. My husband now says this is his new favorite dessert! I am now waiting for the raspberries to ripen to make these pies again. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Kathy Voss, and now I have a trusty recipe to rely on in the future.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.