Raspberry Gelatin Salad
"We had an annual potluck at work," relates Pat Squire of Alexandria, Virginia. "Wonderful recipes came out of that meal - this cool, tart gelatin salad is one. I'm diabetic, and when I'm asked to share a dish, this is what I take."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in raspberries, pineapple and bananas. Pour half into an 11x7-in. dish; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Set aside the remaining gelatin mixture at room temperature. Spread sour cream over gelatin in pan; top with remaining gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 63 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Raspberry Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1998
May 13, 2016
I make this for my daughter-in-law and I.We are both lovers of red raspberries and this salad is one that we both really enjoy.It is so easy to put together and tastes delicious on a hot summer ay.