Raspberry Fondue Dip
Field editor Edna Hoffman from Hebron, Indiana delights guests with this fun non-traditional fondue. Creamy apple butter and cinnamon red hots add tangy flair!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon red-hot candies
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Thaw and drain raspberries, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Mash raspberries. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a small saucepan; discard seeds.
- Add apple butter and red-hots to strained raspberries; cook over medium heat until candies are dissolved, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- To serve warm, transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Or, to serve cold, refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fruit.
Originally published as Apple-Berry Fondue in Taste of Home December/January 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.