Field editor Edna Hoffman from Hebron, Indiana delights guests with this fun non-traditional fondue. Creamy apple butter and cinnamon red hots add tangy flair!
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon red-hot candies
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Place raspberries in a bowl; set aside to thaw. Strain raspberries, reserving 1 tablespoon juice; discard seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine strained berries, apple butter and red-hots; cook over medium heat until candies are dissolved, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a serving dish, fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Serve warm or cold with fruit. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Raspberry Fondue Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p61