Raspberry-Filled Walnut Shortbread Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place on a wire rack. Spread jam over hot crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine baking soda and remaining flour; stir into the egg mixture just until combined. Fold in walnuts. Spoon over jam; spread evenly.
- Bake 17-20 minutes longer or until golden brown and set. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 26, 2011
These cookies have a nice sweet taste. They are a little more effort than your average cookie, but I think worth it. The topping is especially good. We didn't have raspberry jam so we substituted strawberry and it was very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.