- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place on a wire rack. Spread jam over hot crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine baking soda and remaining flour; stir into the egg mixture just until combined. Fold in walnuts. Spoon over jam; spread evenly.
- Bake 17-20 minutes longer or until golden brown and set. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry-Filled Walnut Shortbread Bars
"These cookies have a nice sweet taste. They are a little more effort than your average cookie, but I think worth it. The topping is especially good. We didn't have raspberry jam so we substituted strawberry and it was very good."