- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with a rounded tablespoonful of batter. Drop 1/2 teaspoon of preserves in the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients. Poke holes in warm muffins; drizzle with glaze. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
1 each: 244 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.