Raspberry Dessert Bars
If you need a dessert recipe for a potluck, try this one. These bars are not overly sweet and have a wonderful crunch from the pecans.—Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spread half of the dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine jam and lemon juice until blended; spread over dough. Dollop remaining dough over top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars.
Originally published as Raspberry Nut Bars in Best of Country Brownies and Bars
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.