If you need a dessert recipe for a potluck, try this one. These bars are not overly sweet and have a wonderful crunch from the pecans.—Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 55 of Our Favorite Berry Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spread half of the dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine jam and lemon juice until blended; spread over dough. Dollop remaining dough over top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Nut Bars in Best of Country Brownies and Bars 2007, p36