Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fiinely crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar, pecans and butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over crust. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in frozen raspberries until gelatin is almost set. Spread over filling. Chill several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 312 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 17, 2012
This dessert was a hit at a potluck recently. Too bad there's no photo to go with the recipe. It's beautiful, especially after serving the first piece, then you can see all the layers. I could only find 12 ounce packages of frozen raspberries at the store, but it still turned out great. I recommend really making sure the cream cheese and sugar are super smooth, before folding in the Cool Whip in three increments to avoid any lumps. I'm going to try making this with low fat and sugar ingredients next time and see if it turns out as good. Very tasty!
May 29, 2010
My family has enjoyed this dessert since we first saw it in TOH! Always a winner and a great idea for those hot summer months!