- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries (do not thaw)
- In a bowl, combine pretzels, sugar, pecans and butter. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over crust. In another bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in frozen raspberries until gelatin is almost set. Spread over filling. Chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Delight
"This dessert was a hit at a potluck recently. Too bad there's no photo to go with the recipe. It's beautiful, especially after serving the first piece, then you can see all the layers. I could only find 12 ounce packages of frozen raspberries at the store, but it still turned out great. I recommend really making sure the cream cheese and sugar are super smooth, before folding in the Cool Whip in three increments to avoid any lumps. I'm going to try making this with low fat and sugar ingredients next time and see if it turns out as good. Very tasty!"
"My family has enjoyed this dessert since we first saw it in TOH! Always a winner and a great idea for those hot summer months!"