- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream; pat onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar and remaining flour; sprinkle over crust.
- Arrange raspberries over crust. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over berries.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Custard Kuchen
"My garden produces an abundant crop of raspberries. So I went looking for recipes that used a fair amount and found this one. I now get requests to bring this. It is a huge success every time. easy to make with in the cupboard ingredients."
"I made this tonight! I have fall bearing raspberries and they are so abundant this year and I wanted to try this recipe as soon as I picked as many as what the recipe called for. This is delicious! I will be making it again and again!"
"My German Canadian Grandfather came to northern Illinois, 1900, with this recipe using canned or fresh sour red cherries. He used a plain lard based pie crust. A lifetime favorite!!!"
"Very tasty. I made one half recipe as I wanted to try it. I didn't have enough of the crust to cover the pan I used,, so it was a little too thin. It was still delicious. Next time I will make the complete recipe. Also, I did not have raspberries, so I used blueberries ... delicious! Thank you for the recipe."
"I have made this a couple of times now and I wouldn't change a thing! Delicious!"
"Crust was a little too buttery"
"Could rhubarb be used instead of raspberries?"
"I made this tonight. It's pretty easy and it tastes pretty awesome! I'm going to definitely make this again... then promply eat it all to myself."
"Everyone at my house loved it! Nice buttery crust holding a creamy custard full of yummy fresh raspberries - how could it not be a winner. This is a fairly elegant dessert that was simple to make. This recipe is a keeper."
"I just made this. I didn't have enough raspberries so I had to supplement it with sliced peaches. It turned out fabulous. My husband said this dessert made the raspberries taste even better."