Raspberry Cupcake Dessert
This recipe is a hit with kids of all ages. When I'm in a hurry, store-bought cupcakes work fine. And while I prefer homemade whipped cream, purchased whipped topping is an easy option.—Edith Ruth Muldoon, Baldwin, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cream-filled chocolate cupcakes, cut in half
- 1 to 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- Additional raspberries, optional
- Place one cupcake half each in four dessert dishes. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon over cupcakes. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Chill until serving.
Editor's Note: This recipe was prepared with Hostess brand cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Cupcake Dessert in Country Woman January/February 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.