Raspberry Crunch Brownies
From Rita Winterberger of Huson, Montana comes this recipe for a moist, low-fat dessert with a rich, dark-chocolate flavor and nut-like crunch.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Grape-Nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in egg whites. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture just until moistened. Stir in vanilla. (Batter will be thick).
- Spread batter into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Spread with jam and sprinkle with Grape-Nuts if desired. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 101 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Raspberry Crunch Brownies in Taste of Home April/May 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.