Raspberry Cream Pie Recipe
Julie Yuswak found the inspiration for this praiseworthy pie in her abundant raspberry patch in Savanna, Illinois. "Fresh-picked berries are luscious, but frozen unsweetened ones will do." she advises. "You can substitute strawberries and strawberry gelatin if you prefer." She combines plain and chocolate graham crackers to form the delicious crust.
- 3 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 3 whole chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat stick margarine, melted
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2-1/2 cups fresh raspberries or blackberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and margarine. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Transfer to crust. Top with raspberries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 209 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC