Raspberry Cream Dessert
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually fold in whipped cream. Pipe mixture into two dessert dishes or spoon into two 4-in. springform pans coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 3/4 cup. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Stir in reserved raspberries. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with cream dessert.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 859 calories, 62g fat (39g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Mar 21, 2015
I'm so tired of recipes getting low ratings without trying them because it's not in YOUR diet! Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean I am! THIS WAS REALLY GREAT!!! If you want it lighter, I can see at least 3 ways to do that.
Jul 14, 2010
At 859 calories and 62 grams of fat per serving, I can't even bring myself to try this recipe. Maybe we need a lightened up version of this one!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.