- 4 slices bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- RASPBERRY SYRUP:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Place half of the bread cubes in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cream cheese and raspberries. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, syrup, milk and remaining bread cubes; spoon over raspberries. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until set.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until syrup reaches desired consistency. Add berries; mash slightly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Pour over strata. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Cream Cheese Strata
"Raspberry cream cheese strata is a recipe my family simply loves. It's so easy to make and tastes so good, we make it whenever we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box."