Raspberry Cream Cake Recipe
Guests will say this stunning dessert looks too pretty to eat. But the combination of golden cake, vanilla cream, fresh raspberries and chocolate glaze will prove too tempting to resist.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and baking soda. Add the water, egg whites and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and vanilla in a bowl for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 4. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with pudding mixture; sprinkle with 3/4 cup raspberries. Top with remaining cake layer. Combine ice cream topping and corn syrup; beat until smooth. Spread over top of cake, letting glaze drip over sides. Arrange remaining berries on top. Yield: 14 slices.
1 slice: 215 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Raspberry Cream Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC