Raspberry Cranberry Relish
The idea of cooking cranberries in honey came from a friend. I played with the recipe, and this is my family’s favorite version.—Anita Doughty, West Des Moines, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup cherry-flavored dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; gently stir in raspberries. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 125 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Triple Berry Relish in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009