Raspberry Corn Muffins
I don't recall where I got this recipe, but these golden muffins have been a hit whenever I made them for brunch or give them as gifts. They're moist, yummy and good for you, too. —Jane Bray, Temple Terrace, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another large bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt and butter until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 164 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Originally published as Raspberry Corn Muffins in Light & Tasty June/July 2004