Raspberry Corn Bread Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; add to dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until blended.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Using the end of a 3/8-in.-wide wooden spoon handle, make a hole in the center of each muffin. Place preserves in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Fill the hole in each muffin with preserves.
1 each: 209 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 17, 2017
These are definitely a family favorite! They are so easy to make and it works great as a cornbread in a baking dish too! The baking time will need to be adjusted accordingly if you do it in the dish. Great recipe!
Apr 26, 2017
I've been making these delicious muffins for over 10 years and they're definitely a family favorite! As a Volunteer Field Editor for TOH, I highly recommend them!
Jun 19, 2010
I'm not a big cornmeal person but these muffins are to die for. I used strawberry jam instead of the raspberry preserves since that was what I had on hand. NOT for someone who is calorie conscious, they are very buttery.