Raspberry Coffee Cake
This fresh and fruity coffee cake looks elegant but it is so simple to make. I like to serve it to guests for special breakfasts and brunches. Because someone always asks me for the recipe, I usually write it out ahead of time!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread or sweet bread dough, thawed
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with raspberries. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter and vanilla until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake. Store in refrigerator.
Originally published as Raspberry Coffee Cake in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.