Raspberry Citrus Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups flour just until combined.
- Press mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange zest. Combine the baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture. Sprinkle raspberries over the crust. Pour filling over the berries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and filing is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 5, 2010
These did not turn out as I had hoped. I like the idea of the citrus and raspberries, but didn't like the end result. The orange peel was terribly over powering and gave the bars a bad texture. Maybe would be good with orange juice instead of peel. Also thought there wasn't enough filling for the amount of crust.