- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; stir in chopped pecans. Fold in whipped cream. Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place one bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a fourth of the cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange 1 cup raspberries over filling; repeat layers three times. Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Chocolate Torte
"Made this for my mother-in-law's birthday, and she loved it! Delicious and beautiful!"