Raspberry Chocolate Tart
When our son was young, he would gauge his birthday based on when the raspberries were ripe. We'd use the fresh-picked berries to decorate this tart for his special day. —Annie Dougherty, Fairbanks, Alaska
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. In a food processor, combine the flour, walnuts, sugar and salt; cover and process until walnuts are chopped. Add butter; pulse just until crumbly. Add egg yolks; process until small moist crumbs form. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place dough between two pieces of waxed paper; roll into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of pan.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Remove sides of pan. Arrange raspberries over the top.
1 slice: 302 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC