Raspberry Chocolate Sauce
This is the perfect sauce to add to ice cream, cake or brownies. It has a wonderful fruity flavor.—Linda Gronewaller, Hutchinson, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 34 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Puree raspberries in a food processor or blender. Press through a fine sieve; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cocoa and cream. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter and raspberries; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Boil for 8 minutes without stirring. Remove from the heat. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Spoon over ice cream, pound cake or brownies. Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 415 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 21g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Chocolate Sauce in Country Woman November/December 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.